So, it has been way too long since I've updated this blog page. I really want to catch up on what's been going on the past few months, and what could be more exciting the birth of our adorable girl, Evan?! So for those of you who were wondering or hadn't heard, here is how she made her arrival into the world. Well, I had a planned c-section on Tuesday April 21, 2009. We got to the hospital about 5:30 in the morning and got all checked in. After a few tests and some very unpleasant "prep" work, we were ready to go to the delivery room. I had to go by myself and I was a nervous wreck. I don't really know why, since this was my second time around, but I was. They didn't let Courtney come back until they had started the surgery and I was really scared that he would faint dead away when he walked through the door, so I told the nurse to make sure he didn't see anything! As soon as they were able to see the baby I heard the doctor and nurses say "Whoa, look at those cheeks!". They pulled her fat little head out and she started to cry...which was my cue to join her. I don't think either one of us stopped for at least an hour. I could see them cleaning her up and my first thought was how she had the cutest hiney I had ever seen! It was so fat! She weighed in at a whopping 9 lbs 9 oz. She was 20 3/4 inches long. Anyway, we had a wonderful experience. Everything went so well, they let me keep her with me the whole time which was wonderful. Even the breastfeeding went well even from the first time...this girl LOVES her milk! She is absolutely the most adorable, sweet, angelic child in the world. I can't believe how much your heart can grow with each one that God gives you. She is so special to us, and her big sister Isobel adores her too. So here are some pictures of her "birthday".
No comments:
Post a Comment