Saturday, February 5, 2011

We are hard core!

Yesterday Courtney and I were having a conversation about how proud we are of our little family! Haha...before you start to think we are completely vain, there really is a reason. It seems like we are always in the midst of change. Whether it's a job change for Courtney, or a new pet, new therapy for Isobel...it's always something. I guess that's how it goes when you are part of a family.

Well, right now is no different. Unfortunately I had a setback with my health issues. When I was pregnant with Isobel, it was discovered that I had some minor heart problems. I have a fast heart rate, with a slightly irregular rhythm, that sometimes causes me to pass out or just feel dizzy or out of breath. Since then, I have continued to have problems with it, but nothing serious...thank goodness!! A couple of weeks ago I had a little passing out episode, that unfortunately took place at Isobel's school of all places! Long story short, the doctor put me on a beta blocker to regulate the heart rate and recommended to us that we go to Mayo clinic to pursue further treatment. I said no way!! We talked about it, and I suppose we are going to try to get an appointment. The first medication they put me on really took a toll on me. It just made me feel terrible! I was prescribed a new one, and almost immediately felt better. I'm finally starting to get back on track, and able to get out a little. I'm not allowed to drive right now either, which, along with making me feel like I'm on lock down, is also totally not doable. I have things to do and places to see people!! This has really taken me down a peg or two, to say the least. I have been placed in a position to have to ask for help, which just drives me crazy! I am so eternally grateful to those that have been here to help, and all those who have graciously offered. At this point, we are just hoping that the medication will continue to help and that we will be able to afford the trip to Mayo...come on insurance...no whammy!!

No matter what happens in this crazy family, we always stick together and support each other. It isn't always easy...but that's what makes me so proud! We do it anyway :) I am blessed by all the people that God has put into my life, but none more than my husband and those two little girls! Please continue to keep us in your prayers...we know they help more than anything else...and we so appreciate it. Stayed tuned...you never know what will happen next around here!

No comments: